Friday, October 19, 2012

Cheesy Cauldron Bean Soup




This week (***I wrote this 2 weeks ago...it's been a busy couple of weeks people!***) has been an interesting one...I write this post in the hospital, while waiting for my 5 yr old baby girl to get discharged from this little closet they call a room. In all fairness the closet was a room 3 days ago. But spending 2 nights here has turned it into a closet.
Elaina broke her elbow and had surgery to fix it. She's doing great and we are ready to get out of here but while waiting, I wanted to share an easy, delicious soup.
My mom made this soup years ago, she saw on food network and this has now become a fall soup staple for our family.

The recipe below is the original version but I usually make the "healthier" version...if there is such a thing with a cheesy soup...
I use ground turkey breast, 2% Velveeta cheese, and the "Healthy Request" Cheddar Cheese soup.  I also use 1/2 water, 1/2 milk, to help add a little creaminess to the soup.

To top off this yummy soup, I use diced jalapenos for those who like it spicy!


original recipe from Sandra Lee @ the Food Network

No comments:

Post a Comment