Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Easy Peasy Peach Cobbler

My hubby's grandmother made some divine peach cobbler, not to long after I married into the family. When I asked how she made it, here was the response I got...

1 cup of self rise flour. 1 cup of sugar. 1 cup of milk. 1 stick of melted butter.
Mix all the stuff and dump it over some drained canned peaches. Bake it.

When I asked what temperature to bake it at...the response was a grandma response..."I don't know, just at a normal baking temperature". I love how good ole southern women bake!

So that's it! I have made a different version - Caramel Peach Cobbler
It's the same recipe, except I replace 1/2 the sugar with brown sugar and add 1 tsp of vanilla...it's divine too!


By the way, I use one large can of peaches and I bake it at 350 for about 45 mins or until golden brown. After you scoop it into a bowl...add a scoop of ice cream...that's a must with peach cobbler.


No comments:

Post a Comment