Thursday, July 12, 2012

my lastest project....

"Why have you not been blogging on a regular basis?", one might ask...well here's the reason!


Yup!  That's a wedding reception...more specifically my brother and new awesome sister-in-law's wedding reception.

* I'm putting it out there now...my camera stinks and the pictures are not that great...I need a new camera, but I want a laptop more, so the camera will happen after I die...

This last month has been a whirlwind!  We first went to Utah for the wedding, then came home and 2 weeks later, we were throwing this party...opps, I mean reception...and it was a blast!


Here are the table centerpieces...yes, those are cans that we spray painted heirloom white, wrapped burlap ribbon and bakers twine around, and filled with flowers...cheap and pretty - best combo!
The jars are jars that you probably throw away on a regular basis (olive, pickle, spagetti sauce jars) that we wrapped with lace ribbon, burlap ribbon and twine.  We filled those and mason jars with tealights.  Since my brother has been away at school for a while and Joanna (his bride) is not from here, I wanted to put some small facts about each of them on the table.  So I created little cards that say "love" in different languages and some facts of them both on each table.

We wanted to do something non traditional and so instead of a cake, we did a trifle bar.  The HIS table was chocolate desserts and the HERS table was fruity desserts...something different and I think everyone enjoyed it.


Along the walls, we had old windows with twine drapped and old pictures of the bride and groom attached with clothespins


We put the salad bar in apothecary jars...love those jars!

All in all the reception was a success...thanks to the people who helped out SOOOO much!  I have the best family and friends ever - no I'm not bias - it's the truth...without all of their help, it would not have been the success that it was.  Want to see pictures of the beautiful bride and handsome groom...here they are...





don't you LOVE the bowties?!?

now that it's over...I don't know what I'll do with my time (insert sarcasm)...I'm sure I'll get another project in the works (no sarcasm there)

No comments:

Post a Comment