Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Dare to be a....

For many of those of you who know me, know I'm a Mormon.
For those of you who know me and didn't know until now...I'm a Mormon!
but surely the "no tea/no coffee/having 6 brothers and sisters" would have given it away?!?

I get to teach once every several months and my turn was up this past Sunday. It was on a Mormon message that had been made on a talk by the president and prophet of the church, Thomas S. Monson. While this is talking about Mormons, it can applied to everyone. Stand up for good values. Be a good person! Let's remember that no matter what religion we are...we are all here on this earth trying to be best person we can be and we need each other to do it!

Here's the video that inspired the lesson
https://www.lds.org/youth/video/dare-to-stand-alone?lang=eng

Here's the subway art I made for the lesson - two versions -



   Here's the download for this one                                   Here's the download for this one


9 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your darling handout! I am using this talk for a YW camp fireside next week, so your handout is perfect. If you have any other ideas or things you did for your lesson I would love to hear about them...Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Arianne! I'm so glad you can use the handout! Let me know how it works out :0)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for these adorable handouts! I will be using them in my lesson for Young Women's this Sunday. I appreciate your talent and willingness to share :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing that is awesome subway art and perfect for YW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! This is going out to my YW today. :) I'm printing it up in a small size so they can post it in their lockers at school. It's adorable, which means there's a higher chance of them actually hanging it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My seven year old loves this, she even memorized it after reading it in The Friend. Now she can hang it in her room. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! Where can I purchase the template as I would like to make some other handouts to match this for a lesson?

    ReplyDelete
  7. is there anyway to get this in a small version? like 4x6?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like how you made another version, there are many who share our standards, too.

    ReplyDelete