Wednesday, May 23, 2012

One Smart Cookie!

Here's another idea for a classmate gift!  Tired of the school gifts?!?  It's a love/hate realtionship for me - I love designing them...but since I'm a procastinator, I end up hating them...

On another blog I saw how they used CD paper holders to put cookies in and give that as a gift and I LOVED it!  In fact I've used it for Christmas gifts, birthday favors and now end of year gifts.  It's cheap and easy wrapping - and the fun part is you can make cute labels to go on the front to match whatever the theme may be.  In this case, it's for Elaina's "smart cookie" classmates.  I don't have a great chocolate chip cookie recipe to go with this...I'll admit it - I go to Sam's, buy the big tub of chocolate chip cookie dough, and follow the directions.  My cookies always come out to thin or don't spread - yes, I know how to fix it, but I don't want to when it's so easy to scoop out of a tub.  Besides when you're hiding in the fridge, spoon in hand, making sure no one (including the hubby) is around, and you scoop that little bite of cookie dough heaven on demand...well nothing beats that...don't judge.

So no great recipe here, but my mother-in-law and sisters-in-laws can make some mean cookies...maybe they can share in the cookie recipe love.

Here are the labels (one has purple writing and one has yellow)





Here's the final product!




I used a 3.5" scallop circle (from my Cricut, but they have punches that do 3.5"- if you don't want to spend the money on a punch, cut a 3.5" square!) behind the 2" circle.  I punched holes on either side and wrapped it with bakers twine...the cookie will come later...if I haven't eaten all the dough by then...

No comments:

Post a Comment